Saturday, November 15, 2008

Mommy in the Hood

Hello All,
Just Caitlin's Mom here, also known as Heather, in a past life I was Heather-BC.
((BC- Before Cait))At least I think that was my given name...now I just go by Caitlin's Mom.

It is so strange to have worked so hard to become one person and then in a instant you become MOM!

Every obstacle I over came seems worth it now that Caitlin is here. I am her Mom. Being a Mom is the hardest job I have ever had. I take motherhood seriously. I take it more serious then chili dogs. Really.

Joking aside. I like my new title...Mom. I am a part of a special group. I feel closer to women and understand my own mother more everyday. I appreciate all the time she put into me.

Time....how much time do we spend being mothers? Let's examine this.....
Days of diaper changes, laundry and cooking. Hours that turn into months of sleep deprivation. Years of worry.

Rewards.....looking at Caitlin smile. Knowing that I am the only person on this planet that can make her giggle so hard. Knowing that I get all the special grins and giggles. I see all the wonder and curiosity everyday. I am lucky to see her grow and change in tiny increments everyday.

I see her grow and explore her little world. It is a terrifying bliss. I worry when she climbs up those stairs...a million horrid scenarios going through my mind...at the same time holding my breath cause my baby just climbed a full flight of stairs by herself!

Motherhood. Who knew it would be such a ride. Some days I wish she would hurry up and grow up so we can stay up late and talk about boys and school. Other days I wish I could just freeze this moment. When she is cuddled up to me, head on my shoulder. Peaceful breathing. Safe in my arms. I just want to protect her and cuddled her forever.

But as a mother you have to let go. Let them go off to find themselves. To create a life of their own and hope they keep you in it. Hope they love you for all your faults and forgive you all your mistakes.

Motherhood...it's more then I could have ever dreamed of.

Caitlin's Past